Sunday, November 30, 2008

National Geographic Adventure: Nov. 08' issue

Probably should have written about this a couple weeks ago, been things have been busy and sometimes I just forget to update what's been published.

You can see an image I shot for National Geographic Adventure in this months (Nov 08') issue, which came out a couple weeks ago. Should be on the Shelves for at least another week or two.

The image was shot for the "Next Weekend Adventure" section featuring Natural Bridge, RRG, KY.
The hiker is a good climbing partner of mine, Stephen Woodward. I only had a two hour gap in which to shoot this image and while driving to the RRG from Louisville the sky had been overcast the entire time. When I got to Miguel's to meet up with Stephen we raced up the trail to get the shot and as soon as we got there the clouds dissipated. I was really wanting an overcast sky so I wouldn't have such harsh cast shadows from the dense foliage, but there weren't any clouds in sight now (at least for the 2 hours I had to shoot), so the image below is the final result.

Published Work

Actual Image

No comments: