Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jim James & Daniel Martin Moore's Mountaintop Removal Benefit Show @ 21C

I would like to preface this by saying:
"I did not end up shooting that many photographs of the show this evening. In a crowd of aprx. 300, there were probably 1/3 or more with cameras. Most of whom were shooting "in my opinion" excessively, especially with flashes. I can only imagine how distracting it was for the speakers and musicians to deal with this throughout the entire show. There was one person in particular that felt the need to shoot at a rate of 5-7 fps for a period of 3-5 sec each time he wanted to take "a" shot. I understand that is a way of getting "the shot," but for real this isn't football. People paid good money to "enjoy" the speakers and music not to hear camera shutters and be blinded by flashes every other second. I'm just saying, it would be nice if a photographer would get the shot and step back to enjoy the performance as well."

Anyways... Enough of my ranting.

Out of 25 images that I shot, here are a few I thought were worthy:

Wendell Berry
Daniel Martin Moore
Jim James ( Yim Yames ) & Daniel Martin Moore
Their right feet were both tapping in sync.
Jim James

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like the one of wendell berry a lot